In a school as culturally diverse as Jeppe High School for Boys, the choir gives learners from all walks of life a chance to have their voices heard. The boys in the choir come from all over Southern Africa, resonating quite a colourful sound. The philosophy is to always try our best to do justice to the music, and to learn as much about music as we can in the process.
The choir has performed alongside many talented musicians and choristers. Some of the highlights of 2019 were performances at the Youth and Community Choir Festival – where they sang alongside the Wingate University Choir from North Carolina – and singing in the Linder Auditorium with the Wits University Choir at the 25 Years of Excellence Celebration.
The aim is always to have fun and the choir is slowly but surely becoming an essential part of the school’s ever growing cultural programme.
You should join the school choir if you:
- Enjoy the feeling of togetherness
- Would like to improve your broader social network
- Have a singing talent and enjoy music
- Enjoy performing for an audience
- Want to develop your listening skills
- Are interested in a career in performing arts (actor, conductor, musician, choreographer, etc.).